HCAI Update - Release 3.17 / March 16, 2017
Spring System Release 3.17
HCAI’s Spring 2017 system release, Release 3.17, will be available on May 1, 2017. Updates in Release 3.17 include:
- The launch of the first stage of the Insurer Merger tool
- New search fields in the User Management screen
- Streamlining the HCAI web interface by removing outdated and unused functions
- Continue to support newer versions of web browsers
Planned HCAI system unavailability
In preparation for Release 3.17, the following system unavailability window is planned:
April 28 - May 1, 2017
- The HCAI system will be unavailable from 5:00 p.m. (EDT) on Friday, April 28, 2017 and is expected to resume active status at 8:00 a.m. (EDT) on Monday, May 1, 2017.
- Every Facility must have all of its transactions successfully processed by 4:59 p.m. (EDT) Friday, April 28, 2017.
- The launch of the new Insurer Merger tool
The insurer merger tool will allow insurers who have undergone mergers to combine their organizations in HCAI in a parent-child set up. This tool is expected to provide relief to companies that have undergone mergers by reducing the number of user logins required and permitting the transfer of documents between merged companies.
In this initial launch of the insurer merger tool, only companies with simple parent-child structures will be able to request mergers. Mergers between organizations with more complex structures (e.g. between two parents that both have one or more child companies) are expected to be available in the fall 2017 release.
Details about the merger tool, including how it works, eligibility criteria and important considerations will be available on HCAIinfo.ca starting in late April. It is important to note:
- To request a merger, the insurer will need to complete and sign a waiver form
- Insurers will need to do some internal preparation before the tool is run
- Only one organization may merge at a time – the merge will take place during HCAI’s weekly Sunday maintenance window
- Once the merge takes place, organizations cannot revert back to their prior structure
- There will be no impact to digital certificates of integrating insurers
Starting in Release 3.17, User Administrators will be able to search by additional criteria: user name and email. These improvements will give more flexibility to user managers.
We have also made improvements to the ‘User Search Results’ screen. The new default sort order will be by User Name. When the ‘Refine Search’ button is pressed, the previous search criteria will be retained.
‘Pending’ was a document status that was removed as an adjudication option for Insurers back in Spring 2015. We are pleased to report that there are no remaining documents in ‘Pending’ status in HCAI.
Starting in Release 3.17, users will no longer see the ‘Pending’ tab in their worklists. This will streamline the worklist view for adjusters with no impact to workflow, as there are no documents in ‘Pending’ status left in HCAI.
The ‘Calculate’ column, which appears on the OCF-21C in the ‘Totalling’ section at the bottom of Tab 3 is being removed from web view. This column was only relevant when the PAF was in effect. There will be no change to the printed OCF-21C.
For the best user experience, use HCAI on a supported, up-to-date web browser. HCAI continues to certify Internet Explorer 11 for Microsoft Users.
Starting in Release 3.17, HCAI will add support for Windows 10 and Microsoft Edge. View our Computer Requirements and Tips page on HCAIinfo.ca for current computer requirements for HCAI.
- Share this HCAI Update with individuals at your organization who interact with the HCAI system
- Keep checking HCAIinfo - HCAI’s dedicated eLearning resource site—over the coming months for more information, including a new section for the Insurer Merger tool