Enrolment Step 3: Get Approved and Set Up
Sign and Store Provider Forms
All the Providers associated with your Facility must sign an HCAI Terms and Conditions Dependent or Affiliated Provider form. The Provider forms must be printed, signed and stored at your Facility. These forms do not have to be submitted to HCAIP.
There are two types of Providers in HCAI:
- “Affiliated” Providers, who sign the “Affiliated Provider Form”, deliver care to patients at your Facility and have an HCAI user name and password
- “Dependent” Providers, who sign the “Dependent Provider Form”, deliver care at a Facility but do not have access to the HCAI application for this Facility
Sign in to HCAI
Check your Facility’s status in HCAI. Sign-in at www.hcai.ca with your user name and password you created.
- You will be prompted to enter your user name and password for your HCAI account.
- On the Facility Management screen, you can view your Facility’s status in the Facility Identification section. (View screenshot)
- If your Facility is in the “Not Approved” state, you are not yet able to add user accounts to HCAI.
- If your Facility is in the “Approved” state, you can add user accounts to HCAI and finalize your set-up.
Add Users and Finish Setting up Your Account
- To complete and submit OCFs in HCAI, you must finish setting up your Health Care Facility, including adding users, updating user roles and levels of access, and completing Facility details. You can view the following HCAIinfo resources for step-by-step video and text guides:
- The Understanding What You See in HCAI User Guide (PDF)
- The Manage my Facility page for completing Facility details
- The Manage Users page for adding users and updating user roles and levels of access
Get Started in HCAI
No need to feel overwhelmed by information! Check out our Getting Started in HCAI page to see where to go from here.
Enrolment Form Quick Links
- HCAI Electronic Access Terms and Conditions (PDF)
- Dependent Provider Form (PDF)
- For providers that will not be assigned an HCAI User Name and Password.
- Affiliated Provider Form (PDF)
- For providers that will be assigned an HCAI User Name and Password
When did use of HCAI become mandatory?
All Ontario Insurers were enrolled with HCAI by March 31, 2010. Effective February 1, 2011, every Ontario Health Care Facility (and every associated health care provider) that directly submits OCF-18s, -21s and -23s to Insurers in Ontario must do so only through HCAI.
Is there a fee for using HCAI?
The online HCAI application is available to all Health Care Facilities at no charge. For Facilities using PMS, IBC has covered the expense of developing an HCAI Integration Toolkit, which was done in consultation with PMS vendors. To determine if there will be additional costs to your facility to use HCAI compatible software, you should contact your PMS vendor.
For information about fees related to service provider licensing, visit the Financial Services Commission of Ontario’s Service Providers webpage.
What if my Facility remains 'Not Approved' in HCAI?
In order for a Facility to receive ‘Approved’ status in HCAI, the enrolment process must be fully completed.
After the Facility’s details are entered and submitted online, the registration form must be printed and signed by the Authorizing Officer, then faxed to HCAI Processing at 416-497-6505 or emailed to email@example.com.
Once the signed form is received by HCAI Processing, your Facility will be activated within five business days. If the enrolment process is not completed within 90 days of the initial registration, your Facility will be deactivated from HCAI. In this event, a new registration form will be required by your Facility.
Why can't I print the enrolment form?
- You must have Adobe Acrobat reader in order to download the enrolment form. This is a free download, available from Adobe’s website.
- Look to see if your web browser is prompting you to initiate the print job. (View screenshot)
- Your browser might prevent pop ups. Visit Computer Requirements for instructions.