Transferring a Claimant to Another Adjuster
When to Transfer a Claimant
When an adjuster is assigned a claimant in HCAI, they will receive any OCF associated with that claimant in their worklist. To ensure that OCFs are adjudicated as soon as possible, it is important that claimants be assigned to an adjuster that is regularly reviewing his or her worklists.
There will be times when a claimant should be reassigned to another adjuster, for example:
- An adjuster leaves the organization
- An adjuster is no longer responsible for adjudication on HCAI
- An adjuster gets transferred to another division and is no longer responsible for their claimants
There are two methods for transferring a claimant: individually or as a batch. Continue reading from the side menu to learn more.
Matching Unmatched OCFs
Transferring Claimants Individually
In some circumstances, it might be faster for you to locate the claimant and update the adjuster assigned to them.
To transfer a claimant to another adjuster, you must have the Form Manager or Claim-Claimant Administrator level of access.
- Click on the Claims > Claimants tab. The Claimant search screen will appear.
- In the ‘Search for Claimants’ section, enter relevant search criteria. Click ‘Search’.
- The screen will refresh and search results will appear.
- Click on the Claimant Name, the Claimant Details screen will appear.
- In the ‘Claimant Details’ section, select the adjuster you wish to transfer the claimant to. (View screenshot)
- Press ‘Save’.
- The screen will automatically refresh and a confirmation message will appear.
Matching Unmatched OCFs
Transferring Claimants as a Batch
Transferring claimants as a batch is the fastest and easiest way to manage claimants when several claimants need to be transferred at once.
To transfer the claimants to other adjusters, you must have the Organization Administrator, Form Manager or Claim-Claimant Administrator level of access.
- Click on the Claims > Claimants sub-tab
- Enter search values for “Insurer” “Branch” and “Adjuster” and under ‘Claimant Status’ select ‘Active’. (View screenshot)
- Press ‘Search’; the search results screen will appear.
- At the bottom of the search results list, use the drop-down list to select an Adjuster to whom the claimants should be reassigned. (View screenshot)
- In the ‘Reassign’ column, check the box for each claimant that needs to be assigned to the specified adjuster. (View screenshot)
- Once you have selected the adjuster and specified which claimants should be reassigned to the chosen adjuster, click the ‘Reassign Adjuster’ button.
- The screen will automatically refresh. If the adjuster has any active claimants remaining in this branch, they will display in this screen.
- Repeat steps 1-7 for any other branches the adjuster is associated with.