Setting Up a User
Setting Up a User in HCAI
This section outlines the basic process for creating a new user account. Continue reading topics from the side menu for additional details and tips for completing the set up.
To set up a new user in HCAI, you must have the ‘Insurer User Administrator’ level of access.
- If the user is an adjuster, ensure the adjuster profile has been set up in a branch, otherwise skip to step 2.
- Click on the Manage > User Management tab, the ‘User Search’ screen will appear
- Press the ‘Add New User’ button. (View screenshot)
- The ‘Add/Edit User Details’ screen will appear.
- Fill in the user details. Required fields are marked with an asterisk. If the ‘E-mail’ field is completed, an e-mail with username, password and link to HCAI will be sent to the user. (View screenshot)
- Assign a level of access from the drop-down menu (continue reading ‘Levels of Access in HCAI’ in side menu for details on how to complete this section). (View screenshot)
- Select applicable user roles (continue reading ‘Roles and Responsibilities’ in side menu for details on how to complete this section). (View screenshot)
- Grant access rights to user, if needed (continue reading ‘Grant Access Rights to User’ in side menu for details on how to complete this section). (View screenshot)
- Press the ‘Submit’ button to finish. (View screenshot)
Levels of Access in HCAI
If you are involved with user set up, you should be familiar with the setup of your company in HCAI so you can make sure you are assigning the correct level of access to a new user.
Depending on your organization’s structure, there are as many as four levels of access:
- Insurer: This is the highest level of access in HCAI. A user with the Insurer (parent) level of access will be able to view details of all companies within the group. This level of access is usually assigned to users who are performing User Administration, Organization Administration and Form Manager roles.
- Child Insurer: A user with child insurer level access will be able to view details for selected companies. This access is normally assigned to users who perform the ‘Form Manager’ role. Users with child level access are unable to be assigned the user admin role.
- Branch: A user with branch level access will be able to view details for the selected branches. This access is normally given to users who perform tasks for a number of branches.
- Adjuster: A user with adjuster level access will be able to view details for the selected adjusters.
To assign a level of access, select the desired level of access from the drop-down menu. (View screenshot)
Once the level of access is determined, the roles and responsibilities sections will display the selections available and the ‘grant access rights’ box will display the appropriate selections.
Roles and Responsibilities in HCAI
Once you have selected the level of access, the screen will automatically refresh with the Roles and Responsibilities. The roles available for selection will coincide with the level of access chosen.
Users can be assigned one role or multiple roles. The variety of roles available and the ability to assign multiple roles to a user provides insurers with the flexibility to narrowly restrict the tasks that some users are permitted to perform, while granting other users broad access to functions within HCAI.
To assign roles and responsibility to the user, click on the box beside the role to be assigned. (View screenshot)
Insurer User Administrator
- View, create, update and search users
- Reset user passwords
- View ‘Manage’ tab and ‘User Management’ sub-tab
- Deactivate/activate users
- View and update Insurer organization details
- View, create and update Branches
- View, create and update Adjusters
- View ‘Insurer Management’ tab and ‘Insurer Management’ sub-tab
- Deactivate/activate insurers, branches, adjusters
- View plans, invoices and EOBs
- Search for documents
- View worklist
- View ‘Plans’, ‘Invoices’, ‘Search’, ‘Claims’ and ‘Manage’ tabs
- Reassign document branch
- Reassign adjuster
- View, create, search and update Claim
- View, create, search and update Claimant
- Unlink and match a Claimant from a document
- View and print insurer reports
- View Manage tab and reports sub-tab
- View plans and invoices
- Save work in progress for plan or invoice
- View EOB
- Search for a document
- View work list
- View plan, invoice and search tab
- View, create, search and update claims
- View, create, search and update claimants
- View plans and invoices
- Search for documents
- View claims, search and manage tabs
- View and submit responses to a plan or invoice
- Save work in progress for a plan or invoice
- Take and release document ownership
- Match claimant (with the right level of access)
- View, create, delete and update the EOB
- Search document
- View plan, invoice, search and manage tab
- Initiate ‘need to discuss’
- Respond to ‘need to discuss’
- Withdraw plan or invoice response
- Search for and browse claim records
- Search for and browse claimant records (including viewing the ‘Associated Documents’ that display on the claimant details page)
- Edit claim and claimant records (except the ‘Adjuster’ assignment drop down menu)
- Deactivate and reactivate claim or claimant records
- Click the update claimant details button on a document
Grant Access Rights to User
HCAI allows organizations to restrict access to forms in HCAI based on their level of access in the ‘Grant Access Rights to User’ section in the ‘User Management’ screen. (View screenshot)
For example, users at the ‘Branch’ level of access may be granted access to forms at one branch but not all branches. Likewise, users at the ‘Adjuster’ level of access may only be granted access to their own worklist, or they may be granted access to 1-2 fellow adjusters’ worklists.
Insurer: If a user has the ‘Insurer’ level of access, the ‘Grant Access Rights to User’ screen will not appear because the user will automatically have access to all information for the group of companies.
Child Insurer: At this level of access, you can select the companies you wish to grant access to by clicking the box beside the company name.
Branch: At this level of access, you can select the appropriate branches by clicking on the box beside the branch.
Adjuster: You have two options for granting adjusters' access:
- Branch View: allows you to edit access to adjuster records by individual branch.
- Email View: allows you to edit access to adjuster records consolidated by email address. If you choose this option, you will be prompted to search by adjuster name.
Select the appropriate adjusters from the list and move them from the ‘Available Adjusters’ to the ‘Selected Adjusters’ worklist using the > buttons. To select more than one adjuster at a time, hold down the ‘shift’ key. To remove an adjuster from the list, select the adjuster’s name in the ‘Selected Adjusters’ list and click the < button. To remove all adjusters, use the << button.
At minimum, adjusters should be granted access to their own worklists.
If an adjuster does not appear in the ‘Available Adjusters’ list, it is because the adjuster profile for that user has not yet been set up. Review the ‘Setting up an Adjuster in HCAI’ section for information on this additional step.
Setting Up an Adjuster in HCAI
Adjusters have an additional step in addition to the regular process of setting up a user account. They must be added as an adjuster in each branch they will have forms in.
If an adjuster has not been set up as an adjuster in a branch, they will not appear in the ‘Grant Access Rights to User’ section.
Setting up the adjuster profile
To set the adjuster up in a branch, you must have the organization administrator level of access.
- Click on the Manage > Insurer Management tab, the ‘Insurer Details’ screen will appear.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on the branch you wish to add the adjuster to. (View screenshot)
- The ‘Branch Details’ screen will appear, click the ‘Add New Adjuster’ button. (View screenshot)
- The ‘Add/Edit Adjuster’ screen will appear.
- Fill in the adjuster details. Required fields are marked with an asterisk (View Screenshot). (View screenshot)
- Press <Save> to add the new adjuster.