This FSCO guideline describes:
- Which Insurers, Facilities, and health care professionals are subject to the Guideline and in what circumstances
- What documents are to be delivered to HCAI, by what method, and in which circumstances
- How Insurers are to provide information to the Central Processing Agency (CPA)
- Billing procedures
Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule (SABS)
This Ontario regulation outlines the rules, regulations and procedures related to accident benefits.
Cost of Goods Guideline
This FSCO Guideline establishes the maximum expenses payable by auto Insurers for goods delivered under sections 15 and 16 of the SABS.
Professional Services Guideline
This FSCO Guideline establishes the maximum expenses payable by automobile Insurers for certain health care professions or providers.
Minor Injury Guideline
This FSCO Guideline sets out the goods and services that will be paid for by the Insurer without Insurer approval if provided to an insured person who has sustained a minor injury.
Attendant Care Hourly Rate Guideline
This FSCO Guideline, useful for filling out the Form 1, establishes the maximum expense that automobile Insurers are liable to pay under the SABS related to attendant care services. This Guideline applies to accidents that occur on or after October 1, 2016. View FSCO’s list of Superintendent Guidelines for hourly rates for accidents occurring before October 1, 2016.
FSCO Public Registry of Licensed Service Providers
Access FSCO’s public registry of licensed and formerly licensed service providers.
FSCO Service Provider Licencing FAQ
Learn more about FSCO’s Service Provider Licencing, including how to apply for a Licence.
Browse FSCO’s bulletins about the regulations that affect HCAI.
Outlines the regulations administered by the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO)
The Licence Appeal Tribunal (LAT) is an adjudicative tribunal that is part of Safety, Licensing Appeals and Standards Tribunal (SLASTO). This link provides details on recent appeal decisions.
FSCO maintains a database of arbitration and appeal decisions issued by the Financial Services Commission of Ontario and the former Ontario Insurance Commission. Starting April 1, 2016, responsibility for handling accident benefits disputes was transferred from FSCO to the LAT.
Health Professional Colleges and Associations
HCAI support staff do not have medical training and are unable to offer guidance on any topic other than the use of the HCAI application. If the web-based materials do not answer your questions, please contact your health professional association or organization for more information on the following topics:
- How to start, operate or manage your health business in the auto insurance sector
- Injury coding
- Intervention coding
- How to complete OCF forms
Health Professional Associations
- Ontario Chiropractic Association
- Ontario Physiotherapy Association
- Ontario Massage Therapists Association
- Ontario Society of Occupational Therapists
- Ontario Association of Speech Language Pathologists
- Ontario Association of Social Workers
- Ontario Psychological Association
- Community Medical and Rehabilitation Providers
Health Regulatory Colleges
- List of Regulatory Colleges
- College of Chiropractors of Ontario
- College of Kinesiologists of Ontario
- College of Massage Therapists of Ontario
- College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario
- College of Physicians and Surgeons of Ontario
- College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- College of Psychologists of Ontario
Information about Clinical Practice Guidelines
Insurance Bureau of Canada
Insurance Bureau of Canada
Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC) is the national industry association representing Canada’s private home, auto and business insurers.
Infosource is the IBC’s secure, member-only resource site. Infosource contains additional insurer resources, including details about HCAI’s reporting functionality. To register, please contact member services at firstname.lastname@example.org, 416-362-2031 or 1-800-761-6703 ext. 4605.
Accessibility Standards Policy
Click here to download the PDF.