HCAI 2023: The Year Ahead / January 10, 2023
In 2023, HCAI will continue to focus on security enhancements and functionality to improve usability. The year ahead will feature two system releases, in the spring and fall.
System Release 3.29 – Live April 3, 2023
This spring, users can anticipate the following updates:
Upcoming Two-Factor Authentication Enhancements
- To continue our focus on maturing HCAI security, we will begin the rollout of two-factor authentication for all users following the implementation of HCAI System Release 3.29 in April of 2023.
- Two-factor authentication prompts users upon entering their user name and password to enter a one-time verification code
- Users will have the option to receive their verification code via email or text message.
- Users who do not have the User Administrator role assigned will have the option to indicate that their device is trusted, to reduce the frequency of verification code entry.
- Although the use of verification codes is being implemented with the above flexibility, it will be mandatory for all users and there is no option to opt out.
New “My Profile” Tab
- A new “My Profile” tab will be available for all users in HCAI. It will display the user’s profile information in read-only mode. It will also contain a section called “Contact Details for Authentication” which will indicate the email address and/or cellular phone number to be used for two-factor authentication purposes.
- Every user should access this tab to review their contact information in advance of two-factor authentication rollout. Ensure the email address associated with your profile is accurate. If desired, users can also add a cell phone number on the “My Profile” tab to receive verification codes via text. All other user account updates, including the user email address, continue to be performed by your User Administrator.
- HCAI is enhancing the look of the OCF 21B invoice. OCF processes will not change, but minor improvements in layout and function will offer a more efficient user experience.
System Release 3.30 – October 2023
System Release 3.30 is scheduled to go live in October. More information about enhancements and the system unavailability window will be communicated throughout the year.
Planned HCAI System Unavailability
In preparation for Release 3.29, the following system unavailability window is planned:
Friday, March 31 – Monday, April 3, 2023
- The HCAI system will be unavailable from 5:00 p.m. (EDT) on Friday, March 31, 2023 and is expected to resume active status at 8:00 a.m. (EDT) on Monday, April 3, 2023.
- Facilities must have all of their transactions successfully processed by 4:59 p.m. (EDT) Friday, March 31, 2023.
- Share this HCAI Update with individuals at your facility who interact with the HCAI application.
- Keep checking HCAIinfo – HCAI’s dedicated eLearning resource site – over the coming months for more information.