HCAI Update – HCAI 2021: The Year Ahead / February 3, 2021
For HCAI, 2020 was a momentous year, marking the successful completion of HCAI Phase 1 Modernization with the migration of all insurers to the new environment.
In 2021, HCAI will continue with the positive momentum of 2020’s insurer migrations by enhancing the new functionality in response to feedback received from our insurer user community. The year ahead will feature two system releases designed to improve usability and increase flexibility for adjusters, managers, and administration. The spring release will also include optional integration functionality that will address a common request from integrating insurers.
System Release 3.25 – Live June 28, 2021
System Release 3.25 will further enhance the functionality that insurers received during the 2020 migration. You can look forward to the following updates in June:
- The PDF icon, currently found on your Documents worklist, will now be added to the Document Search Results screen so you can easily open the PDF version of an OCF with a single click.
- The custom worklist filters have become a popular feature, so we are increasing the maximum number of filters you can have saved on your worklist to 20.
- Users will also have the flexibility to hide the filter pane from their worklist once they have selected their preferred filter.
- We’re enhancing the usability of the Claimant File Owner dropdown on screens across HCAI including the Documents tab and search screens.
Note: Microsoft is ending support for legacy versions of Microsoft Edge in March and Internet Explorer 11 in August. As a result, it is recommended to access HCAI using Chromium-based Microsoft Edge on Windows 10 or Safari 13 on MacOS Catalina (Version 10.15).
Important Information for Integrating Insurers
System Release 3.25 will include optional features for integrating insurers:
- The ability to download the PDF copy of the submitted and adjudicated versions of OCF documents via the integration channel.
- Integrating insurers will be notified of documents transferred between insurers in the same insurer family to help with their reconciliation
Integrating insurers can expect to receive the Release 3.25 Technical Document and access to the Release 3.25 test environment in April.
Please also be aware of two important items related to migration:
- All integrating insurers must stop including the Adjuster ID information in their Claim-Claimant Feed. As of Release 3.25, HCAI will reject Claim-Claimant Feeds that include the Adjuster ID information.
- To make sure all test insurers mirror the production environment and are ready for the Release 3.25 test environment, we are going to click the “Remove Adjuster Information” button for all test insurers if this step was not already competed. Please reach out to InsurerIntegrationSupport@hcaiinfo.ca if you have any concerns.
System Release 3.26 – November 2021
System Release 3.26 will arrive in November with further insurer-recommended enhancements. There is no integration impact expected. These updates will include:
- Bulk deactivation of claim-claimant records in HCAI
- User preferences will be consistently saved on all HCAI pages. For example, HCAI will remember which Dashboard view is selected so that next time you log in, your preferred view will display.
- The ability to search for claims that are active, but for which all claimants are deactivated.
More information about additional features and the live date will be communicated throughout the year.
Planned HCAI System Unavailability
In preparation for Release 3.25, the following system unavailability window is planned:
Friday, June 25 – Monday, June 28, 2021
- The HCAI system will be unavailable from 5:00 p.m. (EDT) on Friday, June 25, 2021 and is expected to resume active status at 8:00 a.m. (EDT) on Monday, June 28, 2021.
- All integrating insurers must have all of their integration transactions successfully processed by 4:59 p.m. (EDT) Friday, June 25, 2021.
- Share this HCAI Update with individuals at your organization who interact with the HCAI system.
- Keep checking HCAIinfo – HCAI’s dedicated eLearning resource site – over the coming months for more information.