HCAI Update – Release 3.26: November 15, 2021 / September 15, 2021
HCAI System Release 3.26 is scheduled to go live on November 15, 2021 and includes features that were developed to address insurer requests. This bulletin provides an overview of the enhancements included in this release.
System Release 3.26 will include the following updates:
- Remember User Preferences
- Bulk Deactivation of Claims and Claimants
- Updates to HCAI’s Explanation of Benefits
HCAI will now remember your user preferences across the application by preserving your last selection on functionality such as column sort order, view count, and Dashboard filter. For example, if you choose to filter your Dashboard by “Assigned to me”, HCAI will remember this selection and default to this the next time you click on the Dashboard tab. Or, if you choose to sort your Documents worklist by Date Submitted in ascending order, HCAI will remember this for the next time you view your worklist.
Many insurers asked for the ability to deactivate claims and claimants in bulk. Users with the Form Manager, Claim-Claimant Administrator, or Claim-Claimant Editor role will now be able to search for claims and claimants that are eligible for deactivation, and deactivate these claims and claimants in bulk. A claimant is eligible for deactivation when it has no outstanding documents associated with it, and a claim is eligible for deactivation when it has no active claimants associated to it.
Please note: It is important that integrating insurers coordinate with their integration teams before attempting to deactivate claims or claimants via the web, to ensure it will not cause the Claim-Claimant Feed to become out-of-sync.
The Explanation of Benefits (EOB) available in HCAI is not a mandatory form. Previously, it contained instructions for filing an application to the Licence Appeal Tribunal (LAT) - Automobile Accident Benefits Service. However, the LAT may update their process or contact information at any time and cause HCAI’s EOB to become out-of-date.
In Release 3.26, HCAI’s EOB is being updated to remove the LAT application instructions and instead provide a link to the Licence Appeal Tribunal website where claimants can find accurate, up-to-date information.
If your company uses HCAI’s EOB, you may wish to provide additional information to inform claimants about the application process. As a reminder, the final page of the form is available for insurers to include additional comments and allows for 20,000 characters of text.
Planned HCAI System Unavailability
Please be aware of two upcoming system unavailability windows.
Friday, October 1 – Monday, October 4 (SQL Server Upgrade)
- The HCAI system will be unavailable from 5:00 p.m. (EDT) on Friday, October 1, 2021 and is expected to resume active status at 8:00 a.m. (EDT) on Monday, October 4, 2021
- All integrating insurers must have their integration transactions successfully processed by 4:59 p.m. (EDT) Friday, October 1, 2021
Friday, November 12 – Monday, November 15 (Release Implementation)
- The HCAI system will be unavailable from 5:00 p.m. (EST) on Friday, November 12, 2021 and is expected to resume active status at 8:00 a.m. (EST) on Monday, November 15, 2021
- All integrating insurers must have their integration transactions successfully processed by 4:59 p.m. (EST) Friday, November 12, 2021
For Integrating Insurers
There are no schema changes included in this release.
We strongly recommend regression testing your systems during the official testing period to ensure a smooth transition when HCAI Release 3.26 goes live to production.
Below are the target dates for Release 3.26:
- September 7, 2021 to October 8, 2021: The official testing period
- September 22, 2021: Q&A teleconference