HCAI Update – HCAI 2022: The Year Ahead / January 27, 2022
In 2022, HCAI will continue enhancing functionality in response to feedback received from our insurer user community. The year ahead will feature two system releases, in the spring and fall, designed to improve usability for adjusters, managers, and administrators.
System Release 3.27 – Live May 2, 2022
HCAI’s System Release 3.27 includes functionality that will address common insurer requests. This spring, users can look forward to the following updates:
Documents Worklist Enhancements
- We’re making it easier to see each document’s Proposed and Approved Amount at a glance. The Documents worklist will now display each OCF’s Proposed Amount. If the OCF has been adjudicated, the worklist will also display the Approved Amount.
- Efficiency is optimized as adjusters, managers, and administration can see proposed and approved amounts directly from their worklist rather than opening each document and navigating through the tabs to see what was proposed or approved.
- This will also give you the flexibility to sort your worklist by dollar amount, in descending or ascending order, by clicking on the Proposed Amount or Approved Amount column header.
Updated Warning Message for Facilities
- HCAI will now display a warning message to facility users if they accidentally enter the current date into the Date of Accident field during OCF creation via the web.
- This will alert facilities to potential data entry errors and will ultimately improve data accuracy and auto-matching when the OCF is submitted to insurers.
Updated CCI and ICD-10-Ca Codes in HCAI
- The CCI and ICD-10-Ca codes in HCAI will be updated to the 2021 versions.
Important Information for Integrating Insurers
System Release 3.27 will be a non-integration impacting release. There will be no schema changes and therefore no Technical Document or Town Hall. Schemas published for Release 3.25 as of June 28, 2021 are still valid and are the most up-to-date.
- It is strongly recommended that integrating insurers regression test their systems
- The official testing period will be February 22, 2022 to March 25, 2022. Insurer leads will receive an email with the link to the new test environment and details about the official testing period.
- A Q&A teleconference will take place on March 16, 2022 to address any questions technical teams may have. Insurer leads will be emailed an invitation to this call.
Please also be aware of one item that may impact integrating insurers:
- The new CCI/ICD-10-Ca code set may begin showing up in the All-Data Extract when Release 3.27 goes live.
System Release 3.28 – October 2022
System Release 3.28 is scheduled to go live in October. It is an integration impacting release. More information about enhancements and the system unavailability window will be communicated throughout the year.
Planned HCAI System Unavailability
In preparation for Release 3.27, the following system unavailability window is planned:
Friday, April 29 – Monday, May 2, 2022
- The HCAI system will be unavailable from 5:00 p.m. (EDT) on Friday, April 29, 2022 and is expected to resume active status at 8:00 a.m. (EDT) on Monday, May 2, 2022.
- Insurers must have all of their transactions successfully processed by 4:59 p.m. (EDT) Friday, April 29, 2022.
- Share this HCAI Update with individuals at your organization who interact with the HCAI system.
- Keep checking HCAIinfo – HCAI’s dedicated eLearning resource site – over the coming months for more information.