HCAI Update – Release 3.27: May 2, 2022 / March 3, 2022
HCAI System Release 3.27 is scheduled to go live on May 2, 2022 and includes features that were developed to address feedback from the insurer community. This bulletin provides an overview of the enhancements included in this release.
System Release 3.27 will include the following updates:
- Documents Worklist Enhancements
- Updated HCAI Insurer Terms & Conditions
- Updated Warning Message for Facilities
- Updated CCI and ICD-10-CA Codes in HCAI
We’re making it easier to see each document’s Proposed and Approved Amount at a glance. The Documents worklist will now display each OCF’s Proposed Amount. If the OCF has been adjudicated, the worklist will also display the Approved Amount.
These two new columns will enable you to view the proposed and approved amounts directly from your worklist, instead of opening the OCF and navigating through the tabs. You will also be able to sort your worklist by dollar amount, in descending or ascending order, by clicking on the desired column header.
Effective June 8, 2019, the Financial Services Regulatory Authority (FSRA) assumed the regulatory functions of the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO). As a result, the HCAI Insurer Terms and Conditions will be updated to reflect that FSRA is now the regulator.
Please visit the Enrolment Forms page if you would like to review the updated language. The updated Terms and Conditions will apply as of May 2, 2022. No further action is required on your part.
HCAI will now display a warning message to facilities if they enter the current date into the Date of Accident field during OCF creation via the web. This will help alert facilities to potential data entry errors, and is intended to improve data accuracy and auto-matching when the OCF is submitted to insurers.
The CCI and ICD-10-CA codes in HCAI will be updated to the 2021 versions.
Planned HCAI System Unavailability
In preparation for Release 3.27, the following system unavailability window is planned:
Friday, April 29 – Monday, May 2, 2022
- The HCAI system will be unavailable from 5:00 p.m. (EDT) on Friday, April 29, 2022 and is expected to resume active status at 8:00 a.m. (EDT) on Monday, May 2, 2022.
- Insurers must have all of their transactions successfully processed by 4:59 p.m. (EDT) Friday, April 29, 2022.
Information for Integrating Insurers
There are no schema changes included in this release.
Please be aware of one item that may impact integrating insurers:
- The new CCI/ICD-10-CA code set may begin showing up in the All-Data Extract when Release 3.27 goes live.
We strongly recommend regression testing your systems during the official testing period to ensure a smooth transition when HCAI Release 3.27 goes live to production.
Below are the target dates for Release 3.27:
- February 22, 2022 to March 25, 2022: The official testing period
- March 16, 2022: Q&A teleconference to address any questions technical teams may have