HCAI Update - Release 3.30: October 2, 2023 / August 3, 2023
HCAI System Release 3.30 is scheduled to go live on October 2, 2023. This bulletin provides an overview of the enhancements included in this release.
System Release 3.30 will include the following updates:
- Recommended Browsers
- Auto-Complete Disabled for Some Text Fields
- Updated Links to FSRA Website
For the best user experience, access HCAI on a secure, up-to-date web browser. As of Release 3.30, we recommend using Microsoft Edge, Chrome, or Firefox on Windows 10, or Safari 16 on MacOS Ventura (Version 13.0).
To continue maturing HCAI security, auto-complete will be disabled for certain text fields in HCAI. Auto-complete is a browser functionality that automatically suggests text that has been previously typed into a field. This will be turned off on the HCAI login screen, Forgot Your Password/User Name screens, Change and Reset Password screens, and the Verification Code screen.
On June 8, 2019, the Financial Services Regulatory Authority of Ontario (FSRA) assumed the regulatory functions of the Financial Services Commission of Ontario (FSCO). Various links through the HCAI application and HCAIinfo.ca have been updated to direct users to FSRA’s website, where resources such as the HCAI Guideline are now hosted.
As a reminder, HCAIinfo’s Resources page contains handy links to many regulatory resources such as the HCAI Guideline, the Minor Injury Guideline, and FSRA’s public registry of licensed and formerly licensed service providers.
Planned HCAI System Unavailability
In preparation for Release 3.30, the following system unavailability window is planned:
Friday, September 29 – Monday, October 2, 2023
- The HCAI system will be unavailable from 5:00 p.m. (EDT) on Friday, September 29, 2023 and is expected to resume active status at 8:00 a.m. (EDT) on Monday, October 2, 2023.
- Insurers must have all of their transactions successfully processed by 4:59 p.m. (EDT) Friday, September 29, 2023.
Information for Integrating Insurers
As noted in the Integrating Insurer Bulletin that was distributed on July 4, Release 3.30 is not an integration-impacting release. There are no schema changes included in this release.
We strongly recommend regression testing your systems during the official testing period to ensure a smooth transition when HCAI Release 3.30 goes live to production.
Below are the target dates related to integration for Release 3.30:
- July 24, 2023 to August 25, 2023: The official testing period
- August 17, 2023: Q&A teleconference to address any questions technical teams may have
- Share this HCAI Update with individuals at your organization who interact with the HCAI system.
- Keep checking HCAIinfo – HCAI’s dedicated eLearning resource site – over the coming months for more information.