HCAI Update – HCAI 2024: The Year Ahead / January 11, 2024
In 2024, HCAI will continue to focus on security enhancements and functionality to address feedback received from our insurer community. The year ahead will feature two system releases, in the spring and fall.
System Release 3.31 – Live April 15, 2024
This spring, users can look forward to the following updates:
- HCAI is enhancing the OCF-21C invoice by redeveloping this form in a new framework, to align with the recent redevelopment of the OCF-21B in Release 3.29.
- There will be no functional changes to the form’s workflow. The visible changes are largely cosmetic in nature to make for a more efficient and consistent user experience, and improve things like text alignment, pagination, the sequencing and consistency of error messages, and the view when using mobile devices. It will also use overlay popups rather than full window popups where applicable.
- Insurers who believe they may be impacted by the internal framework redevelopment can test the OCF-21C when the test environment becomes available on February 5. Information about the test environment is being distributed to integrating insurers throughout January.
Google reCAPTCHA Implementation
- To continue maturing HCAI system security, Google reCAPTCHA will be introduced on select screens when an interaction is suspected to be automated. This change will be visible on the ‘Forgot Your Password’, ‘Forgot Your User Name’ and Facility Registration screens.
Important Information for Integrating Insurers
System Release 3.31 will be an integration impacting release. Updated schemas and a Technical Document will be published for this release.
- The Release 3.31 Integration Bulletin was distributed to integrating insurers on January 8. Please review this email for details about integration enhancements included in the release and testing information.
- Integrating insurers can further expect to receive the Release 3.31 Technical Document in late January.
- The official testing period will take place February 5 to March 8, 2024.
- A Town Hall teleconference will take place on February 1 to review the integration changes for technical teams. Insurer leads will be emailed invitations to pass along to interested technical resources.
System Release 3.32 – November 2024
System Release 3.32 is planned to go live in November and is expected to have integration impact. More information about enhancements and the system unavailability window will be communicated throughout the year.
Planned HCAI System Unavailability
In preparation for Release 3.31, the following system unavailability window is planned:
Friday, April 12 – Monday, April 15, 2024
- The HCAI system will be unavailable from 5:00 p.m. (EDT) on Friday, April 12, 2024 and is expected to resume active status at 8:00 a.m. (EDT) on Monday, April 15, 2024.
- Insurers must have all of their transactions successfully processed by 4:59 p.m. (EDT) Friday, April 12, 2024.
Other Important Reminders
This is a reminder that as part of the ongoing maturity of the HCAI system, data retention requirements have been defined.
- Claims and all associated documents will become candidates for deletion from HCAI seven years after they have been deactivated by the insurer.
- This is a longer-term project that will not begin as part of System Release 3.31, but ample lead-time is being provided to enable insurers to prepare.
You will continue to receive communications about this topic as more details become available.
- Share this HCAI Update with individuals at your organization who interact with the HCAI system.
- Keep checking HCAIinfo – HCAI’s dedicated eLearning resource site – over the coming months for more information.