Manage Insurer’s Signature Settings
Insurers have the option to choose what name will display in the insurer's signature section of each OCF when it is adjudicated. Any modification to the setting will apply only to documents adjudicated after the setting is changed. Each child insurer may have a different signature policy if required.
You may choose from three possible signature policies:
- Claimant file owner’s name: the name of the file owner assigned to the claimant at the time of adjudication. This is the default selection if the setting is not updated by the insurer.
- Adjudicating user’s name: The name of the user who recorded the adjudication decision, whether or not this user is the claimant file owner.
- Adjudicating user’s name “on behalf of” the claimant file owner’s name: The names of both the user who recorded the adjudication decision, and the claimant file owner. E.g. “Smith, John on behalf of Jones, Jane.” If the adjudicating user and claimant file owner are the same, their name will only appear once. E.g. “Smith, John”.
The selected information will appear in the following sections of each OCF:
- OCF-18: Part 13: Signature of Insurer
- OCF-23: Part 11: Signature of Insurer
- OCF-21: Signature of Insurer
- Form 1: Adjuster Details
Please note: When an OCF is marked “cannot be matched” or “sent to wrong insurer”, the OCF’s insurer signature section will display blank.
To update the insurer’s signature settings:
- Go to the Manage tab and the Insurer Management sub-tab.
- If you have one or more child insurer(s), you may select an insurer the from the Insurer drop-down at the top of the page. Each child insurer may have their own signature policy.
- Scroll down to the section titled “Insurer’s Signature Settings” (View screenshot)
- Select your preferred option.
- Click “Save”. The new setting will be reflected on all documents adjudicated from this point forward.