Setting Up a User
Setting Up a User in HCAI
This section outlines the basic process for creating a new user account. Continue reading topics from the side menu for additional details and tips for completing the set up.
To set up a new user in HCAI, you must have the Insurer User Administrator role.
- Click on the Manage > User Management tab, the ‘User Search’ screen will appear
- Press the ‘Add New User’ button. (View screenshot)
- The ‘Add/Edit User Details’ screen will appear.
- Fill in the user details. Required fields are marked with an asterisk. (View screenshot)
- Indicate if the user should be able to search and filter by all other users in the company, or if they should be restricted. (View screenshot)
- Users can search and filter according to “Claimant File Owner,” they will see drop-down lists of all users in the company on search and filter screens across HCAI. User Administrators may wish to hide these usernames from certain users, such as independent adjusters or contractors. If a restricted user is part of a team, they will only be able to see the names of fellow team members. They will see no other names on the list. Note: This setting is unrelated to the other security settings that control access to documents and claimant files. It only limits which usernames can be seen in search and filter drop-down menus
- Assign a level of access from the drop-down menu (continue reading ‘Levels of Access in HCAI’ in side menu for details on how to complete this section) (View Screenshot)
- Select applicable user roles (continue reading ‘Roles and Responsibilities’ in side menu for details on how to complete this section). (View screenshot)
- Grant access rights to user, if needed (continue reading ‘Grant Access Rights to User’ in side menu for details on how to complete this section). (View screenshot)
- Press the ‘Save’ button.
- Confirm the details you have entered are correct.
- Press the ‘Save’ button to confirm or ‘Back’ to edit.
- 12. The user name and temporary password will display on your screen. Emails containing the user name and login details will also be sent to the email address associated with the user.
Levels of Access in HCAI
If you are involved with user set up, you should be familiar with the setup of your company in HCAI so you can make sure you are assigning the correct level of access to a new user.
Depending on your organization’s structure, there are as many as three levels of access:
- Insurer: This is the highest level of access in HCAI. A user with the Insurer (parent) level of access will be able to view details of all companies within the group. This level of access is usually assigned to users who are performing User Administration, Organization Administration and Form Manager roles.
- Child Insurer: A user with child insurer level access will be able to view details for selected companies. This access is normally assigned to users who perform the 'Form Manager' role. Users with child level access are unable to be assigned the user admin role.
- Branch/Claim Group: A user with branch/claim group level access will be able to view details for the selected branches/claim groups. This access is normally given to users who perform tasks for a number of branches/claim groups.
To assign a level of access, select the desired level of access from the drop-down menu. (View screenshot)
Once the level of access is determined, the roles and responsibilities sections will display the selections available and the ‘grant access rights’ box will display the appropriate selections.
Roles and Responsibilities in HCAI
Once you have selected the level of access, the screen will automatically refresh with the Roles and Responsibilities. The roles available for selection will coincide with the level of access chosen.
Users can be assigned one role or multiple roles. The variety of roles available and the ability to assign multiple roles to a user provides insurers with the flexibility to narrowly restrict the tasks that some users are permitted to perform, while granting other users broad access to functions within HCAI.
To assign roles and responsibility to the user, click on the box beside the role to be assigned. (View screenshot)
|Insurer User Administrator
- View, create, update and search users
- Reset user passwords
- View ‘Manage’ tab and ‘User Management’ sub-tab
- Deactivate/activate users
- View and update Insurer organization details
- View, create and update branches/claim groups
- View 'Manage' tab and 'Insurer Management' sub-tab
- Deactivate/activate insurers and branches/claim groups
- View, create, update and remove teams
- Add/remove users from teams
- Assign/remove Team Editor role within a team
- Assign/remove Team Dashboard access within a team
- View the Manage tab and Team Management sub-tab
- View plans, invoices and EOBs
- Search for documents
- View worklist
- View Unmatched and Needs Assignment Worklist filters
- View ‘Plans’, ‘Invoices’, ‘Search’, ‘Claims’ , ‘Reports’ and ‘Manage’ tabs
- Reassign document branch
- Reassign claimant file owners
- View, create, search and update Claims
- View, create, search and update Claimants
- Unlink and match a Claimant from a document
- View and print insurer reports
- View Manage tab and reports sub-tab
|Manager Dashboard Viewer
- Available to users with Insurer, Child Insurer and Branch/Claim Group level of access
- View the 'Dashboard' tab
- View plans and invoices
- Save work in progress for plan or invoice
- View EOB
- Search for a document
- View work list
- View 'Plan', 'Invoice' and 'Search' tabs
- View, create, search and update claims
- View, create, search and update claimants
- View plans and invoices
- Search for documents
- View 'Claims', 'Search' and 'Manage' tabs
- Ability to take ownership of claimant files (with Claimant File Owner role assigned)
- View and submit responses to a plan or invoice
- Save work in progress for a plan or invoice
- Tag and remove tag on a document
- Match claimant (with the right level of access)
- View, create, delete and update the EOB
- Search document
- View ’Plan’, ‘Invoice’, ‘Claims’, ‘Claimants’, ‘Search’ and ‘Manage’ tabs
- Search for and view claim records in read-only mode
- Search for and view claimant records in read-only mode
- Initiate ‘Need to Discuss’
- Respond to ‘Need to Discuss’
- Withdraw plan or invoice response
- Search for and browse claim records
- Search for and browse claimant records (including viewing the ‘Associated Documents’ that display on the claimant details page)
- Edit claim and claimant records (except the ‘File Owner’ assignment drop down menu)
- Deactivate and reactivate claim or claimant records
- Click the update claimant details button on a document
|Claimant Search Results
- Ability to use the “Download Report” button on the Claimant Search Results page
|Document Search Results
- Ability to use the “Download Report” button on the Document Search Results page
Grant Access Rights to User
HCAI allows organizations to restrict access to forms in HCAI based on their level of access in the ‘Grant Access Rights to User’ section in the ‘User Management’ screen. (View screenshot)
For example, users at the ‘Branch/Claim Group’ level of access may be granted access to forms at one branch/claim group but not all branches/claim groups.
Insurer: If a user has the ‘Insurer’ level of access, the ‘Grant Access Rights to User’ screen will not appear because the user will automatically have access to all information for the group of companies.
Child Insurer: At this level of access, you can select the companies you wish to grant access to by clicking the box beside the company name.
Branch/Claim Group: At this level of access, you can select the appropriate branches/claim groups by clicking on the box beside the branch/claim group.