This page is intended to help you successfully log in to HCAI. If you are having trouble with your user name, password, or verification code for two-factor authentication, please review the topics on the side menu to learn more.
Verification code help
Each time a user signs in to the HCAI application (www.hcai.ca) with their user name and password, they will be prompted to enter a verification code to complete the login process. This login process is referred to as two-factor authentication – an extra layer of security.
How to Log In with Two-Factor Authentication
- Enter your user name and password and click Sign In.
- The first time you sign in with two-factor authentication, you will be given the option to choose between one of two delivery methods (View screenshot).
You may wish to check off “Remember my selection” to remember this delivery method for next time.
The Enter Verification Code screen will display. Do not navigate away from this screen. Retrieve the verification code from your selected delivery method, and input the code (View screenshot).
- Via email to the email address that is associated with your HCAI user account.
- Via text to the cell phone number indicated on your My Profile tab. If you have not input a cell phone number on your My Profile tab, there will be no option to select the phone number as your delivery method when logging in. My Profile can be updated after logging in, if needed.
- On subsequent logins this page will only display if you click the link to change your delivery method.
Click Sign In. If a mistake was made when typing in the code, you can retry the code a limited number of times.
- If needed, you can change the delivery method using the link at the bottom of the page.
- To receive another verification code, use the “Send New Verification Code” button at the bottom of the page.
- Users without the User Administrator role will see the option to check “Trust this device for future verification”. Check this box if you are using a trusted device and would like to reduce the frequency you are required to enter a code. User Administrators will not have the option to trust their device.
Ensure your Contact Information is Up-to-Date
Review the My Profile tab to confirm that your contact details are up-to-date so that you can receive the verification code to log in to HCAI. This tab will display your user profile information in read-only mode. It also includes a field where you can input a cell phone number if you would like the option to receive verification codes for two-factor authentication via text (View screenshot).
If your email address needs to be updated, ask your User Administrator to update the information on your user account. Step-by-step instructions on how to update a user’s email address can be found on the Updating User Information page.
Verification Code Troubleshooting
Click an item to view more information.
HCAI allows you to reset your own password and retrieve your own user name. The only exception to this is if you don’t have an email address associated with your account.
If you don't have an email address associated with your user account, you will need to contact an administrator at your organization for a helping hand.
I forgot my password
- At the HCAI Sign-in page, click the ‘Forgot your password?’ link. (View screenshot)
- Enter your user name in the space provided and click on the ‘Reset Password’ button
- HCAI will send you a system-generated email with password reset instructions.
Note: If you don’t receive this email, it is likely that you will need to contact an administrator at your organization for assistance.
- The email will contain a link—click it to receive your password.
- Enter and confirm your new password in the ‘New Password’ screen.
- Click ‘Submit’ to confirm your password.
- You will be brought to the HCAI login page.
Continue reading from the side menu for instructions on other reset scenarios.
I forgot my password and my associated email address is incorrect
You will need to contact a user administrator for assistance if you forget your password and the email address associated with your account is incorrect, or if you don’t receive an email reset password after clicking the ‘Forgot your password?’ link.
The below process outlines how a user administrator at the insurer level can reset a password on behalf of a user:
- Click on the Manage > User Management Tab.
- Enter the search criteria for the user whose password you wish to reset. (View screenshot)
- In the ‘Search Results’ screen, click on the name of the user you wish to reset.
- The Add/Edit user screen will appear.
- Press the ‘Reset Password’ button located next to the User Name. (View screenshot)
- The system will display the new password for the user.
- Send the new password to the user. The system will automatically prompt the user to reset their password upon log in.
I forgot my user name and my associated email address is incorrect
You will need to contact a user administrator for assistance if you forget your user name and the email address associated with your account is incorrect, or if you don’t receive an email after clicking the ‘Forgot your username?’ link.
The below process outlines how an administrator can retrieve the user name on behalf of a user:
- Click on the Manage > User Management Tab.
- The user search screen will appear. In the search criteria, enter the name of the user whose user name you wish to retrieve. (View screenshot)
- The search results will display the user name(s) of users who match the search criteria entered. (View screenshot)
- The administrator can provide the user names to the user.